Weight Loss Tracker

Tuesday, May 29, 2012

5th Fill

So, since the last time I had posted, I noticed that I was staying full longer and not able to eat as much at one sitting, but it only lasted for about a week, so today I went for my 5th fill. They gave me an additional .5 cc's, so I now have 7 cc's total in a 10 cc band. I think I notice something already because when I left I had a berry chiller (something like the consistency of a slushy) and I could feel something and its just ice and juice, so I can't wait until I start eating regular food to see how it works. I was doing really well last week and as of 05/25, I had lost a couple of lbs that I had put on so I'm now 30 lbs down. That's an average of 7.5 lbs a month, and I'll take it! This past weekend, however, with it being Memorial Day, I ate lots of stuff and drank lots of alcoholic (empty calorie) beverages, so I was up a few lbs this morning, but since I had my fill today and couldn't eat anything all day...I think I may have taken a bit of that off.  I just couldn't believe that I was able to eat rice, hot dogs, hamburgers, rolls, even steak without any problems at all!  I am pretty sure I am focusing on the whole chewing aspect more, so maybe that's why, but I also was able to eat large portions...ughhhh!  I have decided to try to test myself to see if I can go until 4th of July without drinking. I am going to need all the support in the world on that one, since we go to many many social gatherings which seem to focus around food/drink.  Somehow I have to learn that my weight loss is more important than a drink! On that topic, I can also still drink carbonated beverages, including beer! No problems whatsoever...anyone else able to drink beer? I realize I am all over the place on this post, but my mind keeps jumping around, so hope you can bear with me :) Let me know how you are doing...I would love to hear!  Oh and here's a picture of me from 05/19/12 with my friend Nicole!

7 comments:

  1. hi new follower here...I was banded on 2/16/12 but had a flipped port corrected on 4/18/12. I just had my 4 fill and I have 5.25cc in my 10cc band and I feel awesome restriction...thank god!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's funny how we're all so different. I now have 7cc in a 12cc band and I am still not feeling it!!

      Oh and Nikki, you are gorgeous! Looks like we're both on the right track now. We can do this! :-)

      Delete
    2. Awww thanks mama! And yes...we are both on the right track woo hoo!! I lost 1.5 this week, so I am now down 33 :)

      Delete
    3. Oh and jennaxaz I had no idea I should have been replying to your comment instead of just adding a comment...I don't think any of the people I have been leaving comments actually got them...ughhh...i suck at blogging...lol

      Delete
    4. This was my comment to you: Welcome to my page! OH WOW...i think i would have "flipped" if my port flipped. Glad to hear you have restriction at 5.25...I still don't think I'm where I'm supposed to be, but need to wait until I get on solids again, which should be Friday/Saturday. I'm still on mushies/soft food. I can't wait to feel awesome restriction!!! Good luck!!!

      Delete
  2. Hi there - found you through Lap Band Gal. Looking forward to getting to know you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. @ Cat...yay!!!! Thanks so much for stopping bay...I look forward to getting to know you as well! Lap Band Girl is awesome ;)

      Delete