Weight Loss Tracker

Tuesday, July 21, 2015

I'm back, and I'm on Pre-Op Yet Again :)

OK, so it looks like it has been almost a year since I last posted. So much has happened in that time, but the main point of this post is that I'm going under the knife yet again. After having my 2 beautiful baby boy twins in December 14, I never got my restriction back and never felt satiated again. I had fills/unfills of .1 cc and it would either cause me to be so tight I couldn't drink water or so loose that I could eat anything. So, since Dec 14, I have been jumping through the insurance hurdles to have my band removed. Thankfully, in Feb 15, I was able to have it done. Barely any pain, thankfully! It was nothing like when the band was originally put in and I had unbelievable pain.  Well, after that removal, I decided to pursue a revision surgery, and am thankful that I was granted approval. So, yesterday, I started my 2 week pre-op and will have revision to sleeve on 8/3. I really never thought I would have to go through yet another surgery to be healthy, but here I am. I am doing this not just for my health, but to be here for my beautiful baby boys and husband. I'm not sure how many people are still blogging at this point, so I might be talking to myself, and that's ok. I like to have a diary of where I've been and where I'm heading, so hopefully I can continue to keep updates coming in the midst of my busy life with the munchkins. Here are a couple of pics :)

8 months:
10 months:

1 year: 


16 months:

6 comments:

  1. I'm so excited for your revision! I'm about to write a blog all about revision because the topic keeps coming up and I feel so compelled to write something about the differences and my experience.

    The boys are so cute! Can't wait to join the Mommy club in a few months!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! I have been following you and checking for updates! I'm so happy you are going to be a mommy! I remember when you first found out I was pregnant and had the band and you wanted to know how it was. Hope all is well with you and your new munchkin to be. :) I would love to hear about your sleeve and the differences...I go under 8/3 and am super scared. :)

      Delete
  2. I just revised as well :) for basically the same reasons.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Unbelievable the things we have gone through with this band :( I hope the sleeve is all I hope it to be. How are you doing with it?

      Delete