Weight Loss Tracker

Thursday, June 21, 2012

Somebody please fix my brain :)

So, its been awhile and I haven't been all that great in my journey. I have been up and down with the last few lbs, currently I'm down, but my official weigh in isn't until tomorrow, so I won't count it just yet! So, when I ask for someone to fix my brain, I am totally serious. I mean, I went and got this surgery to help assist me with my weight loss goals, but yet at every corner I make decisions that ultimately hamper those goals. Why, oh why, can't I just give up the alcoholic concoctions that are hindering my weight loss? Why, oh why, can't I stop eating some of the sweets and things that are hindering my weight loss. For some reason, I am maintaining my current weight loss, but I think that's purely because for the last few weeks I have made sure to get my walks in every day! If not for that, I'm sure I'd be up. I was really happy a few weeks back when I felt like I had good restriction, but as of today, I am again able to eat more than I should be able to eat, so that isn't helping either.  I set up an appointment to discuss my issues with the nursing team and also scheduled another fill for 7/2. I really hope I get to the green zone soon because this is soooo hard. I know everyone says not to compare yourself to anyone else, but it is hard to see so many people losing so much more. I am very happy with what I have lost so far and for the fact that I have so many more clothes that fit, but I really need help with this thing called summer and BBQ's and beverages...lol. I have tried switching to non-alcoholic beverages like the Crystal Light Mojito, Margarita and Appletini mixes, but it just doesn't feel the same. I guess I am just on a rant and need to kick myself in the butt, but if any of you are close by, I wouldn't mind a kick in the "arse" from some of you as well...hope you all are doing better than me!

8 comments:

  1. Nikke I think your mind-set needs to change, and until it does this will be an uphill battle. I struggle with Starbucks...I know I need to stay away, but I go and it adds 200 calories to my daily total which I'm sure slows my loss.

    I am starting to quickly realize that I still have to "diet" and make good choices. I am hoping that if I can just bite the bullet, get it done...then once I get to a comfey place it will be easier to maintain then in the past witht he BAND.

    I dont think Starbucks or frutty martini's are going to work!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What about dirty martinis??? LOL...no..i completely understand what you are saying and know that I need to stop; however, as with everything else, it is easier said than done. With it being summer and all, I am having an even tougher time...ughhhhh. But, on a brighter note, I did lose 2 lbs this week, so I will definitely take it and try to move forward by at least cutting down..baby steps, right? I mean I usually am good all week long and then the weekend hits and BAM...its on! Good luck in your journey as well!

      Delete
  2. Wish I had the magic solution but sorry to say I don't. I have to change my mind-set as well. And it won't help me that I am a really picky eater and almost eat no veggies. I am sure we can do this together. Having a blog has helped me a lot but again I have not been at it for that long and am not yet banded :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Darn, I really wish you did have the magic solution...that would have been awesome! However, since you don't I completely understand that I am the one that needs to get this thing going, and try to reduce the # of drinks to start, then maybe I can kick them, but with it being summer its been a bit hard...I just love weekends and beach with some concotions :) However, its not helping me in my journey so I need to get better at that area. Thank goodness I like lots of veggies, but it will be a good thing if you eat protein because once you get some restriction it will keep you full longer. Good luck with your journey as well...need help..I'm here ;)

      Delete
  3. I was reading an article the other day about low calorie cocktails, they recommended instead of the high fructose juices you'd normally blend with the drinks that you use real fruit. Buy a bag of frozen pineapple (for example) and put them into the blender, and then add vodka or whatever your poison is straight into that.

    They had lots of ideas.

    Here's a similar article http://www.glamour.com/health-fitness/2008/12/5-best-low-calorie-cocktails#slide=6 that lists the calorie content of a few cocktails.

    I really just keep my calories low on the day of, and the day before, and drink what I want. It hasn't affected me none.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much for this! I'm going to definitely check it out! YUMMMMMYYYYYY! :)

      Delete
  4. I hope you're feeling better, did you get the fill on the 2nd?
    Have a great weekend Nikki.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I'm doing better :) I got my fill on the 2nd and feel really good restriction right now...just hoping it stays that way...how are you doing?

      Delete